等级:管理员
文章:2831
积分:13654
注册:2003年12月25日
楼主

发贴心情
infosys.com/instepweb

Human Resources

1  Project area: Develop a draft instrument to measure cultural orientations of employees  

Description: The draft instrument will measure the ability of software professionals (who typically work in a cross-cultural environment) to understand and display appropriate levels of cross-cultural sensitivity. Work would involve review of literature and existing instruments, development of a conceptual construct/model, item generation, and item analysis (validity & reliability)

Required profile: Post-graduate in Organizational Psychology/ Organizational Behavior with interest in psychometric testing  

2  Project area: Research and publish a paper on the power of networking  

Description: We champion the development of networking skills in our managers. We would like to analyze our networking concepts and best practices to share the science behind networking with others. Our CEO is a role model in this area and has a wealth of success stories to share. He has also intuitively deciphered the science behind the art of networking.

The project objective will be to channelise the concepts/best practices of Infosys managers, to develop a framework, and to create a research and publication paper on networking. This would involve interaction with the senior managers at Infosys, including the CEO, conceptualizing the science of networking, and working on a world-class publication material on the power of networking.

Required profile: Business graduate with an aptitude towards empirical work and conceptualizing frameworks and models, and with excellent writing skills.  

3  Project area: Develop a framework for the integration of companies and manpower post acquisition  

Description: The framework will be the definitive document for the process of transition and integration post acquisition/ merger. It would require the capture of the integration process of the Australian subsidiary with the parent organization in all areas, review of literature and benchmarking, development of a transition process and structure, a review process and documentation.

http://www.infosys.com/instepweb/Index.htm

ip地址已设置保密
2005-3-23 1:00:34
web
帅哥哟,离线,有人找我吗?
头衔:半人半兽

发贴心情
Some of the infrastructure shots of Infosys

Library

Gymnasium

Food Court

Conference Room

Swimming Pool

Workplace

ip地址已设置保密
2005-3-23 1:45:00
web
帅哥哟,离线,有人找我吗?

发贴心情
Infosys Edge
Infosys' IT consulting and software solutions address the mission-critical needs of Fortune 500 corporations as well as emerging corporate leaders. Located across the globe, Infosys handles a variety of exciting multi-million dollar projects for clients including Adidas-Salomon AG, Apple Computer, J. Sainsbury PLC Group, Nortel Networks, Salomon and Taylor Made and Toshiba Corporation through its pioneering Global Delivery Model. Infosys offers a stimulating and challenging, yet informal and campus-like work environment.
InStep - Venture, Discover, Achieve
InStep is an internship program for undergraduate, graduate, and PhD students from top academic institutions around the world. As part of the Infosys family, you are given an opportunity to work on high-quality, customer-facing projects. While you venture into new and emerging technologies and business opportunities, you will discover your untapped potential and achieve the impossible.
Projects Unlimited
This program provides a platform for you to work on live technical and business projects, ranging from application development to business consulting in Infosys' offices worldwide.
Time Schedule Flexibility
InStep runs through the year, to suit academic calendars across the globe.The internship assignment ranges from of 8 - 24 weeks.
Global Exposure
InStep interns gain not only experience in the dynamic Information Technology industry but also global exposure by working in a multi-cultural environment.
Interaction with Senior Management
Infosys' senior management is regarded as a pioneering synergy in the Indian IT industry. Mr. Narayana Murthy (Chairman and Chief Mentor) and Mr. Nandan Nilekani (Managing Director, President and CEO) were voted Fortune Asia's Businessmen for the year, 2003.
As an InStep intern you will get an opportunity to interact with the top management, while you are initiated into the company.
Constant Support
A student mentor will help you settle into Infosys' international working environment, while a project mentor will guide you through your internship assignment.
Benefits
You will receive a monthly stipend. The stipend is structured according to the cost of living in the region that you are based in. Infosys will also pay for your airfare. Owning to our large infrastructure in India, we will also provide accommodation in a fully furnished apartment, free food and cab transportation within the city for students working from our offices in India. What's more, they will also have an opportunity to experience India during the 'intern excursion'.
ip地址已设置保密
2005-3-23 1:47:53
web
帅哥哟,离线,有人找我吗?

发贴心情

Infosys programme churns out future talent

M D Riti in Bangalore

In 1999 Infosys launched a global intership programme -- Instep -- the only such institutionalised programme in the Indian infotech sector.

Interestingly, many of the interns are not engineering students, as is the trend in India. They are students of philosophy, liberal arts, economics and others. There are of course students from some of the best engineering institutions like Rouille.

Recruits from Wharton, MIT, Amherst, Claremont McKenna, University of Pennsylvania and other such reputed institutions work on real projects in both technical as well as support departments.

Infosys has designed the programme to meet the company's objective of building international brand recognition.

"Infosys was the only Indian company I applied to," says Yves Rouille, an engineering student at Ecole Des Mines De Nantes, a top-ranked engineering school in France.

"I also applied to 150 English companies and I was accepted by 10 of them. I had no doubt that having an experience in India would be definitely more beneficial than doing an internship in London or elsewhere in Europe. So I came to Bangalore."

Slowdown or no slowdown, Infosys Technologies of Bangalore is merrily hiring interns at salaries of Rs 15,000 a month for their global internship program, and $2500 per month if the interns are posted in their North American offices. The allowance is exclusive of accommodation, food and transport, which are also provided for by Infosys, wherever available.

"Instep's main aim is to build brand awareness of the company internationally," says Aditi Madhok, who heads the interneship programme at Infosys in Bangalore.

"In the first year of the programme, 1999-2000, we received about 300 applications for 14 internship positions but in 2000-2001, we received approximately 800 applications for just 36 internship projects. These interns have helped Infosys to be seen as a global thought leader through case studies and White Papers. They are also effective brand ambassadors."

"By the time Infosys came to Amherst, I had already secured a position doing research in computational economics," says Dan Murrilo, a junior at the University of Amherst in the US.

"A professor of economics here (at Amherst) offered me the position during my second semester and I quickly accepted it. But after hearing about Infosys and the opportunity to go to India, I quickly changed my mind."

Continues Madhok: "In 1999-2000, all the 15 interns were based at our corporate headquarters in Bangalore.

But this year, one of the 37 interns is based at our Global Development Centre at Toronto, Canada and two in our development centres in Mohali and Hyderabad - the remaining are located in Bangalore.

The interns really enjoy themselves.

" We provide tremendous learning opportunities and attractive compensation/benefits to match the best in the industry. Apart from work we also take our fun seriously.

"The atmosphere here is more akin to a campus. We have cybercafes for Internet access at all centers. We have a myriad of cultural activities going on like quiz, musical performances, sports and games, and art exhibitions."

"I found this program useful in a number of ways," says Joshua Bornstein, a student of Claremont McKenna College, California.

"First, I learned invaluable research and team building skills while at Infosys. I really enjoyed the work I was assigned during my time in India. Second, the cultural experience was amazing. I had a wonderful time traveling throughout southern India each weekend. I have a much greater appreciation for India's culture after living in the country for two months.

"The Infosys internship programme offers several special features that make it attractive for these students from all over the world.

"The premier factor, of course, is the name the company has earned of being a software giant in the country. Then, the program itself is attractive because it is intensive and gives select students the chance to develop state-of-the-art software services.

"Besides, all the projects they work on are 'live', that is, they are not specifically created for interns. Instead, students are chosen for internship positions purely on the basis of whether their profiles fit the demands of the project."

"I found this program useful on a number of different levels," says Murrilo. "First of all I learned an incredible amount of new technology. The engineers at Infosys are by and large very well versed in most of the emerging computer technologies and I was able to learn quite a bit from them."

A student mentor helps students settle into Infosys' international work environment while a project co-ordinator guides students through their internship assignment.

Since its inception, this program has had student trainees from a variety of backgrounds and cultures, ranging from French software engineers to American business management students.

"InStep was the only internship program that I applied to," says Micheal Walling, from the University of Pennsylvania, USA. "I had a standing offer from the law firm that I'd worked at for two summers as a back-up plan. I did my 'choosing' as part of the application process. Infosys was the only top Indian company that I'd come across that had a good internship program that would meet my needs, so InStep is the only program I applied to."

Do any of these interns actually join Infosys eventually?

"Two interns have joined Infosys so far," says Madhok. "However, these were the only two to be offered full-time positions by Infosys, so you can say that all of those who were invited to join so far have done so! Many on our interns are juniors in college, and not final year students, you see."

Now, Sean McCarthy and Joshua Bornstein, both students of Claremont McKenna, have applied for jobs with Infosys after completing their internsip (with Infosys).

They are yet to be hired, though.

Money
Business News <--printer_version-->

ip地址已设置保密
2005-3-23 2:35:50
web
帅哥哟,离线,有人找我吗?

发贴心情

Infosys hires record global interns in '04

Priya Ganapati in Mumbai | June 07, 2004 18:40 IST
Last Updated: June 07, 2004 18:42 IST

In a testament to the growing star power of Infosys, the IT major hired 26 interns in Bangalore, the largest ever since the program was started five years ago.

The internship program called, InStep, offers a chance for international students to work at the Infosys headquarters in Bangalore.

InStep offers internships to undergraduate, graduate and doctoral students from the best universities around the globe.

Ranging from eight to twenty four weeks, the summer internship program draws students from over 49 universities across the globe. The success of the program is validated by the 8500 applications, the company received, for seventy internship positions, from world class institutions like Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Harvard University, Stanford University, Wharton School of Business, St Gallen University (Switzerland), London Business School (UK), Darmstadt University (Germany), Hitotsubashi University (Japan) and RMIT (Australia), said Infosys.

"The response this year has been exceptional. The number of applications we received are almost three times of what we got last year. This proves that InStep is a sought after internship program in reputed universities and that India is emerging as a destination for smart professionals across the globe," said Nandan Nilekani, CEO, president and managing director of Infosys.

During the year, InStep is expected to bring a total of 70 interns to Infosys' various offices across the world. The InStep program has representation of students from countries such as the US, Japan, Canada and Germany.

"InStep iInterns of today become the brand ambassadors of Infosys tomorrow. While the program has been designed to build brand awareness in global campuses, we also see this program as a relationship building exercise with our future stakeholders," said Nilekani.

InStep is also unique as it offers interns an opportunity to work on live projects and closely interact with top management at Infosys.

It also facilitates the sharing of knowledge between Infoscions and the interns and allows them to work in a culturally diverse and intellectually stimulating environment. This also provides them a better understanding of international markets.

Infosys has over 25,000 employees in over 35 offices worldwide.

Though the interns mainly work in the corporate headquarters of Infosys at Bangalore, India, the positions are sometimes made available in Infosys' global offices such as United Kingdom, Japan, Canada and the US.

Applicants are requested to submit a filled out version of the application form available on the Infosys website. Prospective interns are also expected to go through an interview, which matches their skills to the required profile.

The students get a monthly stipend as well as airfare, accommodation in a fully furnished Infosys guesthouse, food, free transportation within the city and an opportunity to capture the sights and sounds of India during the intern excursions.

"Interns are selected on the basis of their profiles and their suitability to the projects at Infosys. So, even though a student may have an excellent academic record, if he or she does not fit any of the preferred profiles, we will not be able to shortlist him or her," said an Infosys spokesperson.

Infosys, however, does not run an internship programme for domestic students. In exceptional cases, a few students from the Indian Institutes of Technology or the Indian Institutes of Management are offered a chance to participate in the existing global internship programme.

"Interns under the InStep program are our most powerful brand ambassadors on global campuses. The endorsement provided by former InStep interns to their juniors and peers when they return to their respective countries proves invaluable. InStep also believes in not being just another internship program but a facilitator of long-term relationships with future business leaders, academia etc," said the Infosys spokesperson.

ip地址已设置保密
2005-3-23 3:10:48
web
帅哥哟,离线,有人找我吗?

发贴心情
http://www.rediff.com/money/2004/jun/07infy.htm
ip地址已设置保密