积分:13654
注册:2003年12月25日
楼主

发贴心情
HR Master毕业后就业情况信息的教授回邮汇总

最近两周跟国外的教授反复联系询问毕业后的工作问题,现在汇总给HRer们。

注意,这只是教授们自己的看法,或者基于当地的情况,或者基于往届生的情况,不是official instruction,仅供大家参考,请勿以此作为选校依据

Director of Graduate Studies & Professor from University of Minnesota:

I don't know a lot about Cleveland State's HR program. It's not as good as Minnesota or Rutgers but it is probably comparable to Georgia State. The salary situation you noted is generally similar for Chinese graduates of our MA HRIR program. Visa restrictions make for significantly reduced employment opportunities, so students sometimes take any job they can find, even if the salary is very low. The best way to improve your changes of employment opportunities in the US is to get more corporate work experience in China before attending graduate school.

Professor from Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey

Usually, HR graduates from institutions like Cornell, Rutgers and UIUC are extremely competitive while pursuing senior positions in global labor market. However, as what you suppposed, international students from non-English speaking countries will be very likely to encounter cultural conflicts or communication problems while finding a job in US. I don't know where you get the employment information, but I can tell you that your friends were telling you the truth. If you do not have distinguished work experience before taking our graduate program, it will be difficult for you to find internship opportunity during the program or get a decent job here after graduation.

Department Chair & Associate Professor from Cleveland State UNiversity

I cannot ensure you that you be accepted into a intern position during the summmer session. But I will recommend you to some local companies which have close connections with Nance College. Please take it easy. Make youself here first. Problems do exist, but you'll always find ways out as long as you keep fighting for it.

Associate Professor from Georgia State University

Yes, there are huge job opportunities here in Atlanta. However, US companies are always reluctant to hire Asian students, though they often prefer students from India and Singapore. You may get internship offers during the program, but it can not guarantee you be employed finally (mostly because of the Visa things). I wish I could share you with more good news, but this is all I could tell you at this moment. I'm sorry about that. And I sincerely hope this does not mean you will not choose our program.

Associate Professor from Marquette University

Job offers here in Wisconsin are not as much as what you can find in either western or eastern coast. And situation is even harder for international students lacking in local cultural background. So, if you plan to find a job in US after graduation, I strongly recommend you get more work experience before starting our program. We would like to help you defer your admission up to 4 semesters if you like.

Assistant Professor from New York Institute of Technology

It depends. In your case, I would suggest you earn as much experience as you can if you would like to find a job in NY after completing our program. As far as I know, the HRIR program offered by University of Minnesota ranks top 3 among all related master programs you could probably find in USA. Carlson has kinds of links with famous enterprises around the world. That's what NYIT cannot make itself paralleled to. But, I'd tell you that international students may not benefit from those links as much as Amercian residents do. Many international HR graduates from all over the US have to go back to serve their country. It's not merely because of the US embassy restrictions on H1 Visa. Actually companies just find excuses to reject you during the interview, while the true problem is always that you may not arm yourself well with sufficient knowledge on the local labor law or you may not hold the language freely as you can.

Associate Professor from Texas A&M University

I don't know for sure whether you will be competitive. But I can tell you that most of our international students always try very hard to find a job after graduation. And their salary is always some 20, or 30 perhaps, percent lower than that of American residents. It is normal all over the States, not just in Texas. I hope this could be helpful.

Assistant Professor from University of New Haven

Visa restrictons is the key. That is why most companies are always not intended to give job offers to international students even if they are proved to be outstanding ones during the internship. Given that international students finally find a job here in US, the salary will be likely to differ a lot from locals. I'm not sure the difference would be $10,000 to $15,000 per year. But it sounds reasonable. I hope you can understand that. I think you will easily find a job while back to China. You should schedule yourslef before you make any further steps.

综上所述,我觉得教授们的普遍意见都是国际学生找工作还是比较难的。前段时间和一个CSU HR master毕业的前辈聊了很长时间,她现在在Houston一家中国人开的猎头公司做猎头,起薪只有$37,000(还得扣差不多20%的税),比同期的美国同学低了1万左右。她还说这已经是比较理想的了,因为有工作总比没工作的好。她觉得自己很幸运,因为她认识的一些在Rutgers和MSU读HR的朋友都回国了,不过薪水在国内来说很高。

ip地址已设置保密
2006-11-19 9:51:20
web
帅哥哟,离线,有人找我吗?
头衔:半人半兽
等级:管理员
文章:2831

发贴心情

HR和其他职能部门比起来,要求对人性、文化背景有更加深刻的理解。就像中国本土公司根本不会雇用外国人做HR,我们不难理解为什么HR国际学生在美国找工作难。用2年左右的时间透彻的领悟美国文化和多元文化背景下生活的人们,谈何容易。土生土长的中国人在国内做HR都不是件容易的事啊......

ip地址已设置保密
2006-11-19 9:52:03
web
帅哥哟,离线,有人找我吗?

发贴心情

前段时间听一个美国回来的HR师姐说过说过这么一个事儿,是关于一个在Seattle一家连锁卖场做HR的中国人害得公司惹了官司还赔了钱

卖场里刚刚雇佣了几个残障人士,因为加班补贴的问题,其中一个残障人士就和这位中国的老兄争了起来,这位老兄很耐心的跟他解释为什么加班补贴的标准会不同。争执的原因是,这家卖场的加班补贴标准是,每周加班满n小时(n>12)的话,一共补$60×(n-12) + $48×4 + $40×8,每周加班在8-12小时之间的话,一共补$48×(n-8)+$40×8,加班不满8小时的话,一共补$40× n。这位残障人士在工作的第一周加班不满2个小时(公司的规定里是明确规定不满一个小时的那一小时就不算在内)。可这位残障人士觉得公司的规定不合情理,没理由自己加班1个多小时只拿1个小时的加班费。其实只要这位HR仁兄说明白也就没问题了,可是他把公司的规章找出来后(这样做是没错),偏偏说了句这样的话:“How could you ever miss the regulations on ... here?”,完了... 这位残障人士以歧视弱视者为由把公司告上了法庭,公司赔了不少钱!

这位师姐说,语言真的很重要,很多美国公司之所以不愿意招中国学生,除了文化的问题,还有就是因为语言的问题,但是本科就在美国念的同学会好很多,就业时不受影响。

ip地址已设置保密
2006-11-19 9:52:32
web
帅哥哟,离线,有人找我吗?

发贴心情

还有一点请大家明确。被美国公司派回来是两种情况

1,作为expat排到中国,这类人是拿美国的公司,还有expat package孩子的学费和老婆的生活费都是公司给包,住房也使公司负责的。注意,这类人都有绿卡或是公民

2,直接就是招中国人来中国工作,这类人只是给local的工资,根本没法跟expat相比,可能会比当地人高一些,但其他的福利待遇都不是美国人的待遇。

所以我也是很头痛的。。

ip地址已设置保密
2006-11-19 9:53:17
web
帅哥哟,离线,有人找我吗?

发贴心情

不知这位MSU的师兄是什么职位,在联通拿150K确实是比较低的,加上其它隐性收入应该有250K吧。我对照了05年Mercer针对外资企业薪酬调查的market data,150K属于大型外企supervisor级别(Mercer job grade 51级)的market 50P(155,093)左右。算是中位数吧!

我想各位从牛校回来之后的目标不应该低于Mercer job grade 51级的Market 75P(193,383)。按此推断,平均收入至少应该在190K以上。如果出国之前经验比较好的,目标只是是grade 53 的75P (256,695)。

这只是05年的数据,等大家回来时应该更高。

ip地址已设置保密
2006-11-19 9:54:40

5   5   1/1页      1    
网上贸易 创造奇迹! 阿里巴巴 Alibaba
Copyright ©2000 - 2002 chinaonco.net